Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 17, 2023

Know Your PAY GRADE

Know Your PAY GRADE

No sirrrrs, our thread today has got nothing to do with salary and remunerations at all.  We just need to Know Your PAY GRADE [in life] so we can arrive at INFORMED DECISIONS instead of off-the-cuff and downright shots in the dark when aiming to hit something.  But very briefly, when I was active in the job market, surely I well Know my PAY GRADE.  WHY?  Because I need to know where I stand, HOW I compare with the benchmarks📙📗📘

When I was very young and raw, I did KNOW MY PAYGRADE.  I knew my ASKING PRICE.  And while I'll admit that I have always been ambitious enough, I always reminded myself to temper my ambitions vis-a-vis WHO I am and WHAT I am capable of.  Yes, that approach was so helpful because I was able to worm my way with my employers who were mostly from the MNCs. Global and Fortune 500s.  I was HUNGRY for experience then, so I knew what I want💵💴💷

Even in my personal life, I KNEW MY PAY GRADE.  Settling down in a new neighborhood, I DIDN'T need to keep up with the Joneses and their ilk.  WHY?  Simply put, I knew fully well where I stand when compared to everyone else.  Much as I was thirsty with my ambitions, I DIDN'T want to end up drank with misplaced ambitions💎💎💎

When I had my first car, it was a rickety old Ford Laser sedan.  WHY did I end up with that?  Simple.  I KNEW MY PAYGRADE well enough.  Much as I dreamt for that brand new car, I always reminder myself that I got to keep myself grounded.  If I loose control of my senses and start to entertain insane thoughts that will remain a figment of my imaginations, I knew that I would skidding and eventually going down south.  BUT I can't go off-track else I will loose precious time and effort I have invested in my earlier PIT STOPS❌❌❌

One thing I learned the hard way in life.  You WIN some.  You LOSE some.  And sometimes, you go on a losing streak.  And frankly, i went through that agony of losing streaks.  What made me survive those darkest episodes in my life.  I kept reminding myself that WHEN YOU'RE DOWN, THERE'S NO OTHER WAY TO GO BUT UP.  And with humility, I did manage to 'RISE FROM THE RUBBLES', all because  I KNEW MY PAYGRADE❗❗❗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date