Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 11, 2026

No Easy Rivers To Cross

 

WHILE I DON'T claim to be a dyed-in the-blue music lover, I remember that billboard hit THERE'S NO EASY WAY by James Ingram.  And in layman's words, simply put, it tells us that there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS in life.  Nothing is served on a platter for us.  BUT having said that, we may NOT need a new job, a new relationship OR even an expensive hobby this year to find the very true meaning in life.  It's just that there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS💚💛💜

BUT multiple studies tell us that given the very obvioyus fact that there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS, WHAT is most important is for us to find meaning in life, just needing to pay more attention to it.  And those studies trace back things to the fact that we humans have a fundamental need for meaning.  And WHEN our lives make sense, have a purpose, and seem to matter, we see them as more meaningful.  BUT again, there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS.  The huge miss here is what psychologists uncovered WHEREIN the relationship between meaning and attention have rarely been considered by us humans.  The conclusion being, that if we have a deep appreciation of that correlationship, we may NOT likely struggle that there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS💥💥💥
Listening to the experts, if only we pay MORE attention in life, we could find things more meaningful and thereafter, even the realization that there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS will NOT appear like a huge and steep mountain to climb.  I DON'T need to pry into anyone's lives.  Just looking back WHEN I realized that indeed there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS, I asked myself then, SO HOW?  Do I need to plot my next steps for each RIVER I got to CROSS?  More than being time-consuming, I did realize that it will be too taxing if we seem to get enveloped with that mindset that there is always a next river and next next river to CROSS.  WHY CAN'T we live life akin to the waters flowing through the creeks and streams through the rivers until it finds the high seas✅✅✅
True, hardship is inherent in life.  Man's ability to rise above hardship defines him.  Admittedly, I struggled with that idea for quite donkey years as I was misled by the idea that EASY MEANT RIGHT!@#$%?  YES, those were the times WHEN I chased the good and fun things.  BUT the problem with chasing to easy things is that we end up to be never better to improve our own self.  YES, it is those hard things, those tough challenges that will, like it OR not, force us to be better.  Oh YES, I stumbled across this one-liner sometime back:  STRUGGLE BREEDS STRENGTH😡😡😡
Our takeaway:  Lessons I picked up about those tough RIVERS TO CROSS, I realized that difficult things, like starting a new sport, help us improve because it forces us to change.  We have to handle that mental strain of stress, endure the physical pain of exercise and even figure out HOW to manage our time.  And getting comfortable with difficulty is the first step to improvement.  And secondly, let us follow it by confronting things 'HEAD ON'.  The hardest part of any journey is that continuous forward motion BUT that's because there are NO EASY RIVERS TO CROSS dude!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

No Easy Rivers To Cross

  WHILE I DON'T claim to be a dyed-in the-blue music lover, I remember that billboard hit THERE'S NO EASY WAY by James Ingram.  And ...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date