Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2022

What's Your Standard?

What's Your Standard?

What's Your Standard?  Apologies for this sweeping interrogative statement as this could mean practically anything and everything in life but for today's piece, let us have a peek into our standards from a first-person standpoint.  How are we managing our life?  How's our ethics?  How's our self-discipline?  How's our self-motivation?  How's our sense of purpose?  How's our trek to achieve the goals we did set?

If in the very competitive Olympics, the standard is NLT [no less than] the GOLD medal, why can't we set a GOLD STANDARD in our life as well?  To set a GOLD STANDARD does not achieving all the glitz and glitter that's akin to GOLD but it is that optimal level that gives you the vantage point to achieve the goals you set because of your self-motivation that is in full-throttle.

Thing is, in any of our pursuits in life, if your pre-set goals at the level of a silver or bronze medal, is that something that will propel you  to lofty heights that can be within the realms of what GOLD Standard is all about.  Let's start from the time we step into university.  Way back, I made it a habit at the start of the academic term to scribble my TARGET GRADE for each subject.  When the academic term ends, I'd compare my TARGET versus ACTUAL

WHAT or WHO then is our worst enemy?  It's us, our very own selves, dude.  It's us who set the constraints and limits as to how far can we trek in life.  It's us who ends as the SAIL of the BOAT, dictating which direction of the compass will we take.  This picture is quite pathetic because the doctor seems helpless with his patient who, he thinks, is DEAD INSIDE.  And the dilemma is that to define what DEAD INSIDE is, is very relative vis-a-vis GOLD Standard i

So what's our FIX for us to go GOLD Standard? Take plunge once you put your mind and soul into it.  I was in that 'deep hole' [decades back] when I decided to leave my country and explore for greener pastures in a multi-cultural country whose multi-cultures I was least familiar with.  I remember on my very first Christmas in Singapore, I gifted my boss a Chardonnay wine and when I handed it over to him on Christmas Day, he was simply flabbergasted.  But at hindsight, I patted myself and murmured that this is my GOLD STANDARD📌📌📌
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date