Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 3, 2021

DON'T Wait for Ice Cream to Melt

DON'T Wait for Ice Cream to Melt

Who says we don't like ice cream.  Everybody likes it, even diabetics.  It's just too enticing and scrumptious to even ignore.  Regardless if it is one unhealthy stuff, everyone of us surely will admit you had numerous moments in your life when you're craving for nothing else but ice cream.  I remember my favorite dentist would remind me to take ice cream after my tooth extraction.  Suddenly, I told myself I found an ally in my dentist.  But seriously, in life, there are one too many things analogous to ice cream.  Even life itself, every slice of your moments, you gotta enjoy it like ice cream.

When do we realize that too much ice cream indeed melted before we knew it?  When do we get awakened to come to grips that after so much ice cream did indeed melt only after we have squandered so much lost opportunities.  And those lost opportunities could be those moments you could spent together with your loved ones.  Or it could be misses in your career life wherein you received the pink slip when you flopped at work.  Or it could have been relationships that turned sour.

Don't get me wrong.  There are times that missed opportunities happen based on our judgment call.  When we decide to trade-off an opportunity in exchange for a possible dividend you can reap in the near future, that becomes an 'OPPORTUNITY COST' that may come out as a valid proposition.  But you gotta play your cards in near-perfect form because one slip of assumptions can push you southward.
BTW, this 'ice cream melting' happens both at work and in our personal life.  And those opportunities may differ but what matters is how you deftly handle such opportunities.  You don't want to be scratching your head when that ice cream melted [again].  And those opportunities that tend to slip beyond us is not all about financials.  The biggest concern is TIME because LOST TIME is LOST FOREVER.  I've seen families [literally] poles apart as the breadwinner needs to work thousands of miles away from home.  And that situation stretches through years and decades.  
So, you might stomp me with this question:  WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO AVERT THE ICE CREAM FROM MELTING IF I GOT TO EARN MY BUCKS AWAY FROM HOME ?'  Short and sharp answer:  QUALITY TIME. Given the limited time families can be together, it all boils down to QUALITY TIME.  Once we end up squandering the opportunities for QUALITY TIME, we CAN'T cling to that 'OPPORTUNITY COST'.  Just got to handle things deftly with 'QUALITY TIME' no less and ZERO missed opportunities.✅✅✅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date