Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

How Often Do We Say "I'M SORRY"?

How Often Do We Say "I'M SORRY"?

How often do we hear "I'M SORRY" being uttered?  LIkely a zillion times, right?  Really, How Often Do We Say "I'M SORRY"? EVEN when we're NOT wrong, we'll say "I'M SORRY"EVEN if WHAT we did was NOT offensive, we'll say "I'M SORRY"EVEN WHEN we're late for one minute, we'll say "I'M SORRY"EVEN WHEN you brought snacks in office only for yourself, you'll say "I'M SORRY" to your work mate.  EVEN WHEN you failed to cancel and remove a MEETING INVITE from the calendar [NOT because you wanted to but because someone else advised], you'll say "I'M SORRY"💧💧💧

EVEN when you made a random comment during that healthy brainstorming a week ago, you'll still say "I'M SORRY".  Oh yes for girls, as she was grappling with the Monday RUSH, when she failed to put on make-up, you'll still hear her say "I'M SORRY"WHEN you DON'T seem to be your 'jolly self' due to some mood swings, you'll still say "I'M SORRY"WHEN you felt your honest response DIDN'T look like the kind of response your colleague wanted to receive, you'll still end up saying "I'M SORRY".  Hey Hey Hey, are you suffering from this affliction?  This 'SORRY SYNDROME'💦💦💦

BUT hey, were you SINCERE ENOUGH each time you say "I'M SORRY"?  Maybe YES [sometimes]?  Maybe NO [most of the time]?  Either way, have you been through those situations that make you feel like you never hit an acceptable standard of behavior and as such, you must constantly apologize for your shortcomings?  C'mon dude.  The above list of apologies are just a handful of examples of things I have witnessed through the daily rigors of life, more than once, if I may add.  So, am I correct to question if ever we're into this kind of "SORRY SYNDROME"!@#$%?

So, is it a genuine offense to be one minute late?  [Except of course if your appointment was with someone at the CxO-level?  And are you obligated to bring snacks for your work mate?  And should you seamlessly cancel the calendar INVITES if one of the co-organizers advised that it be cancelled?  OR should we make ourselves available for immediate responses to the needs and issues of everyone in our life and make sure to give them the exact response they would like?  Should we comb through the mental transcripts of past conversations to look for everything we said that might have come out wrong or got misinterpreted❔❔❔

For most of my life, I would have answered all these interrogative statements with a loud and resounding YES.  Maybe through all those times, what kept hovering over me was that sense of ACCOUNTABILITY and on the same breadth, the RESPONSIBILITY that goes along with it.  So, yes, I believed then that if you wanted to show respect and love for someone [and then receive it in return], we could align that these are the bare minimum standards to meet.  So, YES, if you DIDN'T meet them, you better damn apologize.  BUT outside and beyond those exceptions, NO WAY, JOSE to say "I'M SORRY"❎❎❎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date