Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 23, 2024

Fatigue, Weakness & Tiredness Are 'POLES APART'

Fatigue, Weakness & Tiredness Are 'POLES APART'

Many times, things seem to be falling apart within us and from my radar, I would often hear FATIGUE FATIGUE FATIGUE.  But hold on folks, I am hard pressed to believe that all those shortfalls in life are due to FATIGUE.  It is best that we align and differentiate and as per Mr Webster, FATIGUE is a feeling of constant TIREDNESS whereas WEAKNESS refers to that lack of muscle strength while TIREDNESS is a normal sensation after a physical or mental activity.  So, Fatigue, Weakness & Tiredness Are 'POLES APART'πŸ“—πŸ“™πŸ“˜

Problem is, more often we tend to blame everything to FATIGUE when at times, we are feeling WEAK or in another scenario, it's just being TIRED.  The tricky thing about feeling TIRED and FATIGUED is that they essentially feel the same.  And sometimes, FATIGUE can be traced to one or more lifestyle issues such as poor sleep habits OR even lack of exercise OR at worst, FATIGUE can be caused by a medicine or linked to even depression.  Word of caution for us all before pinning the blame on FATIGUE, becoming a whipping boyπŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NOT surprisingly though, fatigue is a common worrying complaint among people performing physical activities on the basis of training or even rehabilitation.  An enormous amount of researches have been initiated all about FATIGUE and surprisingly, there seems to be more 'mix ups' and confusion because many of us tend to loosely interchange different symptomatic manifestations in lifeπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

I'll put myself on the spot.  Three days ago, I drove out a distance for a distance that should take two hours.  It took me five hours.  And you can guess how was I after driving for five hours.  Drained.  Zapped.  So, was I that FATIGUED?  Or TIRED?  No-brainer, I was TIRED and all I need was to rest and get re-energized during that quick getaway where I was supposed to literally and mentally recharge myself.  So, was I FATIGUED?  No sirrrrs because that was a one-off thing❗❗❗
Our takeaway:  Let us NOT get mixed-up with FATIGUE versus TIREDNESS or feeling that WEAKNESS because those are three unique manifestations that are triggered differently from each other.  And let us spare FATIGUE from becoming the perennial 'whipping boy' BECAUSE you end up doing a great disservice to yourself, BECAUSE you are misleading yourself, BECAUSE you end up fooling yourself [to be blunt about it].  Bottom line, DON'T make sweeping statements.  DON'T make inclusive conclusions because NO TWO CASES are the same❎❎❎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date