HOW often do you end up with CRAPPY DAYS? Surely, it's NOT that often, right? BUT I can bet absolutely that from time to time, you would end up at the receiving end on those CRAPPY DAYS, right? And NOT to anyone's surprise, during those CRAPPY DAYS, either our day becomes chaotic OR messy OR at worst, we end up unproductive that day, missing to get things done for our priorities for that day. BUT the recurring question I would hear is this: CAN we avert OR avoid those CRAPPY days. I'd quickly blurt, YES and NO. YES by a long long long shot. NO, because CRAPPY DAYS do happen and you've got to handle it, regardless of the eventual outcomes for that day💚💛💜
Let me thread back how I did weather those CRAPPY DAYS. First off, I would always CHECK-IN. Simply put, I accepted that that day will be a CRAPPY DAY and I am NOT that powerful enough to turn things around by 360 degrees [OR even by a 180 degrees]. By that CHECK-IN, I reset things from within me at least for that day💥💥💥
NEXT logical step, I will take immediate action to revisit my ACTION PLAN + PRIORITIES for that day. Likely, if I pre-set 5 PRIORITIES, at best, I might be able to accomplish 2-3 PRIORITIES. That's being realistic and pragmatic. BUT obviously, revisiting your plan and priorities for that day [right at ZERO-HOUR] is a tough act to do. Few times I attempted in the past and I did flop and fail. WHY? My own post-mortem tells me that during those times, I got rattled and ended somewhat in a 'state of panic', unfortunately. BUT I learnt my lessons the hard way and the next times I ended up in those situations, I kept reminding myself to KEEP COOL and COMPOSED even during those times❗❗❗
Here's a tough call to make. IF you anticipate the consequences and impact of your tweaking and changes for that day, you need to reassess how far it will impact others [and if it does, it behooves that you give that/those persons a heads-up and reset their expectations [obviously explaining your challenges for that day]]. Worst mistake we can make is tweak and change our priorities, oblivious of the consequences that will be deemed impactful to other people. The last thing you want to end up is causing damages and post that damage, you will end up scampering to do that unnecessary damage control. That's TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE, if you may❎❎❎
Our takeaway: YES dude, in more CRAPPY DAYS than you could ever anticipate, we may NOT be super humans BUT if you are focused to turn things around, YES dude, you can still turn things around, albeit, it will likely take a lot more tons of effort and often times, some trade-offs, some quid pro quo, some 'balancing acts' to ascertain WHICH scenario you will end up less worse OR much better off. NOT to scare our readership, many times I did bear witness to people WHO, WHEN they realized they had a CRAPPY DAY, they simply gave up and just abandoned all things as a lost cause. Ouch, that's NOT the way to handle when HAVING A CRAPPY DAY😡😡😡

No comments:
Post a Comment