Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Peace OR Pride?

 

PEACE OR PRIDE in life?  Surely, everyone will exclaim 'PEACE' with no slightest reservations.  BUT here's a stomping question.  Do we really see everyone 'WALKING THE TALK' everyday with PEACE prevailing over PRIDE!@#$%?  I've come across that ART OF NOT ENGAGING BACK.  WHICH simply put, choosing PEACE over anything that veers on negativity and worst, if things veer towards anger OR revenge.  Thing is, choosing PEACE over PRIDE DOESN'T mean letting others walk all over you, definitely it's a loud NO dude!!!  BUT as they have coined it, that thing of NOT ENGAGING BACK is an art, an acumen that we need to hone and develop from within.  In our native language, we'll say "PAG BINATO KA NG BATO, BATUHIN MO NG TINAPAY" ["if someone stones you, throw back bread"], seriously💚💛💜

YES, admittedly, that phrase did get stuck within me for the longest time.  I even twisted things with a joke like, CAN I THROW BACK BREAD IN A BOTTLE?  Sadly, these days, it feels like almost everyone of us is being encouraged to CLAP BACK, fight FIRE WITH FIRE, stand their ground NO MATTER what.  And WHEN you factor-in social media, whoaaaah, we have the best ever recipe for a ticking time bomb to explode right in our face!  And WHILE I understand that at times we really need to speak up and even protect ourselves, I've also learned [many times the hard way in the past] that the final fix, the solution is NOT exacting revenge BUT often, the solution lies in managing things in a cool approach✅✅✅

I may sound more like an idealist BUT the thing is, it is NOT being stoic, unbothered OR be like seemingly emotionally detached.  NOT at all.  It's NOT even pretending that nothing seems to affect us.  BUT the thing is, ENGAGING BACK often feels more draining than healing, trust me on that aspect!!!

From my limited vantage point, I believe I've witnessed a lot of hodge-podge of situations WHERE relationships crumbled, business partners literally parted way, and even organizations collapsing, no thanks to that enormosity of PRIDE frequently lording it over that longer lasting assurance of PEACE both from within and even the PEACE that helps keep bonds tighter more than ever💥💥💥

Our takeaway:  Here's a question I'll pose to someone NOT so keen with PEACE over PRIDE.  WHAT does it really give you?  A trophy?  OR a fleeting sense of justice?  WHY do we need to stoop down to the level of others WHEN we worked hard to rise above it?  In the shortest words, that art of NOT ENGAGING back is never a weakness😡😡😡

1 comment:

  1. I find this true -relating to a case-conflict which i recently handled in our HOA.

    ReplyDelete

Straight from my thought processes...

Peace OR Pride?

  PEACE OR PRIDE in life?  Surely, everyone will exclaim ' PEACE ' with no slightest reservations.  BUT here's a stomping questi...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date