Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 12, 2024

Do You Need To Explain It [REALLY]?

Do You Need To Explain It [REALLY]?

Have you had that 'memorable' experience when someone kept asking you WHY until your response was followed with another WHY till you patiently retorted back and another WHY was all you got?  UNTIL you would reach a point wherein you would realize that you DON'T owe any further explanation because WHAT you said was in fact, MORE THAN ENOUGH yet you did bite the bait and still you kept responding back to someone who seems to pester you no end.  Do You Need To Explain It [REALLY]❓❓❓

Adolph Hitler, one of history's most infamous personalities was quoted:  'IF YOU WIN YOU NED NOT EXPLAIN BUT IF YOU LOSE YOU SHOULD NOT BE THERE TO EXPLAIN'.  I can disagree with Hitler for ten zillion other reasons BUT I totally agree with his one-liner here.  BUT the biggest reason WHY we are sometimes stuck up with the vicious cycles of WHY is because we do fall prey to it, [wrongly] thinking that it's rude [?] NOT to explain and worse, it is NOT consistent with our civilized culture of openness and transparency.  BUT hey, we DON'T have to compromise ourselves!@#$%?

As I myself got into that conundrum a few times in the past, it got me thinking about the need to go deeper with others just to be nice.  The need to explain yourself, yes we all do feel this need SOMETIMES [but SOMETIMES should NOT be ALL THE TIME].  Those minor personal debacles did remind me that I DON'T have to explain myself and my choices to anyone WHOM I DON'T know [from Adam].  And I DON'T even need to justify something WHICH is very meaningful to me.  In fact, my realization during those times was that I DON'T have to justify anything and I DON'T need to seek the stamp of approval for my decisions from anyone UNLESS/EXCEPT...
You might wonder WHAT are those UNLESS/EXCEPT clauses?  Here we go:
  • UNLESS such decisions I make will impact my commitments either with my family, at work OR in business
  • UNLESS such decisions carry some amount of bad faith OR guilt, in which case I owe it to myself to revisit such
Our takeaway:  It is true that it is human nature to want to be understood and helpful WHEN people understand us.  Nonetheless, WHEN we put comprehending WHERE they are coming from at the top of our agenda, we gain far more than striving to make them see our point of view.  The problem with sticking to our goal of being understood is that sometimes we turn a deaf ear and we tend to focus on our needs and desires at the expense of hearing others.  So, dude, we really DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN [always]❗❗❗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date