Before we get suspected of plagiarism, allow me to piggy-back on that "WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD" as a spin-off from the Firestone Tires ad campaigns in the 1950s [as per AI]. WHICH reminds me during my stint with Goodyear, another global tire player, much as we wanted to hitch on that one-liner, we CAN'T as it happens to emanate from another market player. BUT allow me to ride on that to draw its parallelism to our daily livesπππ
Simply put, "WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD" refers to the moments in our life WHERE we need to put to test anything that has been discussed, deliberated and plotted on paper and in theory. It's jumping from the drawing board straight into the frying pan [and NOT the fire yet anyways]. Almost all of us went through years of education and post-graduation, we get rolled-in for on-the-job trainings and all sorts of entry-level workplace programmes!!!
And IF you ask me WHAT's the failure rate post "WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD" phases, I DON'T have the validated statistics. Even AI confirms that thee are NO universal failure statistics. So, allow me to speculate that FAILURE RATES post "WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD" could go anywhere between 30 to 60% [+/- 10% as its error of margin]. YES, that's how it can go upπ₯π₯π₯
The thing is, almost everyone fails and flops especially in one's first foray[s] into a domain that was totally foreign to him prior to plunging into that new field. WHEN I got introduced into IBM's mainframe computing, I DIDN'T have either the heads OR tails of computing. Admittedly, I had to exert more than the mean efforts for me to reach and achieve the acceptable absorption level that aligns with the industry norms and thresholds. WHAT we're harping now is that IF and WHEN THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD, it's very fine to fail, flop and flounder✅✅✅
Our takeaway: Allow me to repeat that IF and WHEN THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD, it's very fine to fail, flop and flounder. I did fail, did flop and did flounder zillion times over BUT if there's one thing I refused to succumb, I DIDN'T want to flip over, surrendering and abandoning my plans and its execution simply because I hit a road hump OR worse, I hit my head on a concrete wall. Instead, I told myself, this and that failure means I am a step closer to realizing my goals and achieving the very success I crystallized for myself. YES dude, WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD, carry on, never give up and abandon things. CARRY ON dudeπππ






No comments:
Post a Comment