Anyone NOT in his comfort zone now? I doubt it. I'll get that maybe [at least] 90% are within the confines OR fringes of their comfort zone. BTW, there's NOTHING wrong with that. I'll confess that in the past, I was living and lingering within my comfort zones for the longest time UNTIL I DIDN'T want to step out. Dude, NEVER CEASE CHALLENGING THE STATUS QUO💥💥💥I remember those years WHEN I sometimes confronted myself with in-the-face questions LIKE CAN YOU GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE NOW without the slightest hesitation? The bad OR dark side of me would blurt out LIKE WHY SHOULD I WHEN I'M ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF MY LABOR. Obviously that was well said. In the end, the weaker side of me would often give way to all those endless whispers that the STATUS QUO is the way to go BUT dude, trust me WHEN I NOW admit that I was totally wrong then!!!
Even across major global organizations, there was this most recent survey by Harvard Business Review asking senior leaders IF EVER they challenged the STATUS QUO OR at the very least, asked them to think out of the box? Hold your breath, only a very paltry 3% admitted that they did that always. The rest of the pack? They were kind of fence-sitters, neither here nor there, which was appalling to say the least❎❎❎
NOW for the mother of ironies. WHEN Harvard Business Review validated their research results, ironically, a huge majority are excited about change, about transformation and the endless possibilities of the NEXT BIG THING. But alas, WHAT happened next? AWAN. NADA. NICHTS. NOTHING. WHY? Deeper studies concluded that unsurprisingly, the STATUS QUO offers us all that preservation of one's existing state of affairs. It's about doing WHAT is comfortable & thinking inside an existing box!@#$?
Our takeaway: WHAT does all these tell us? In the fewest words, we CAN'T and WON'T ever find comfort outside our existing comfort zones UNLESS and UNTIL we embrace the NOT so obvious need to challenge the STATUS QUO because if we remain unwilling to take the plunge, nothing and no one can help UNSTUCK ourselves except us😡😡😡






No comments:
Post a Comment