Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Is Your Work Your Life?

 

Is YOUR WORK YOUR LIFE?  Better NOT dude! BUT before I get whacked by the workforce [and by companies and organizations], please DON'T get me wrong. Through the decades, I fully embraced my work life, NO IFs, NO BUTs.  WHY?  For the most obvious reasons, e.g. Firstly, it's our means to an end, i.e. our work provides the financial support needed to pay for our food, shelter, home and even life's basic daily needs.  Add to it is funding our passions, hobbies and interests💚💛💜

BUT through the years, even WHEN admittedly I was a 'road warrior' myself, I would hear some vent out in frustration like "I NEVER SEE MY FAMILY".  This is a dilemma exactly as we have reached a point in human history WHERE having a job can mean giving up your favorite activities, downtime and even time with people WHO desperately need you, like your immediate family, amongst others.  Getting all the pieces of your life together LIKE finding the 'right' job, setting boundaries around your personal life and otherwise doing your work is a lifelong endeavor😡😡😡
BUT I have to temper the expectations if one is a damn optimist.  Finding our path in life is a slow and gradual process.  Nothing instant.  Nothing overnight.  And the key is to begin our journey by realizing that every step will be your very own decision, NOT even a decision WHEN you have to 'pass the buck' if it becomes NOT the best decision after all.  And taking responsibility for your life and every aspect of it is our very first assignment, and nothing gets higher than it in the totem pole💧💧💧
Oh Oh Oh, I heard this 'exit clause' many times:  IT WAS NOT MY DECISION!@#$%?  Seriously, that's the problem at our very core.  We tend to put blinders on ourselves so that we DON'T have to ask those hard questionswe are beginning to ask.  YES, we do hurt ourselves by doing so.  The analogy here is that the very first step to getting the life you want is to realize that you are driving your very own car.  You get to and have to make all the decisions.  You CAN'T blame anybody else for your situation OR tell yourself that other people are more powerful than you are💥💥💥
Our takeaway:  All along, the key thing here is to believe that you can accomplish WHAT you set your mind to achieve.  And once you take that step, the way forward becomes much clearer then.  NOW, HOW often do we hear "I AM TRAPPED IN MY JOB"?  Seriously, you and me are NOT trapped in our job.  We are NOT a victim of our own success either.  WHAT do we need then?  Let's find and get more altitude.  And WHEN we drift up to a higher level and see the situation from there, we can realize that WORK IS NOT LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

YES, Life Is NOT A Sprint!

  WHO says LIFE IS A SPRINT ?  Noooo sirrrrrrs, it is definitely NOT .  True, there were obvious outliers, LIKE I remember WHEN I was taking...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date