Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Build The Strength That Will Last

 

Everyone wants to TICK ALL THE BOXES, right?  Absolutely we all want it.  We want all the STRENGTHs to plug-in whatever chinks and holes we have in our armour BUT hey, that's the trap [where often we get trapped over and over again].  We tend to so immerse in amassing ourselves with as many STRENGTHs as possible [and that's NOT bad] BUT here's the huge BUT.  Is it realistic for you to be angling for all the STRENGTHs?  Nooo sirrrrrrs, you can be angling for it BUT trust me, you will fall short of achieving 100%.  WHY?  Simple.  Because, we can only eat and digest WHAT we can chew.  Beyond that, forget it, tell it to the marines, dude.  In brief, let us BUILD THE STRENGTH THAT WILL LAST [note the SINGULAR form of STRENGTH because we DON'T want to be overly ambitious to the extent that it WON'T be realistic enough💚💛💜

HOW many times have we heard OR witnessed someone having a mile-long list of target goals to strengthen himself.  And BTW that's laudable because many others can only show nothing more than an empty plate, ouch😡😡😡 And I admit, at some point before, I was having that mile-long list as well.  And if you ask me, HOW was my score?  Red-faced, I will admit that I failed miserably, missing more goals than hitting the goals I did set.  In my own post-mortems, I did question myself as to WHERE did I err, HOW I did miss hitting the mark, and WHY in the world I will end up miserably bad WHEN I had all the self-motivation that has driven me on overdrive mode over and over again?  Indeed, during those failed phases in my journey, I never ceased questioning my STRENGTH then???
UNTIL in my deep soul searching, I realized that I wanted to eat more than I can chew.  I [wrongly] thought that I can muster them all.  I was so enamored with myself, thinking that I was gifted with the powers of a potential Superman [of course, I was wrong to believe in fiction in the first place].  NOT until I realized that despite my long list of dream STRENGTHs, some were need-to-have and many more were nice-to-have.  And that was WHERE I got lost in the way, [wrongly] thinking that my long list of STRENGTH goals were all need-to-have.  LIKE being a certified solution architect and at the same time excelling like a chef?  No way 'Jose.  That just WON'T work and indeed it DIDN'T work!!!

YES YES yow, that was my key realization.  Even in my narrowed list of need-to-have STRENGTHs, I learnt [the hard way] that the very STRENGTHs we should indeed prioritize in building as part of our core are those STRENGTHs we need during those 'HARD TIMES'.  And if you ask me WHAT tops my list, it is our darn need to reinforce our RESILIENCE because regardless of the storms we will weather, it is our RESILIENCE that will make OR break us.  It's NOT our domain knowledge OR technical skills that will matter most.  WHAT will carry us on OR break us apart is our RESILIENCE in the midst of our travails😡😡😡

BTW, let's be crystal clear about this.  Developing and embedding RESILIENCE within us does NOT and will NOT guarantee that we will achieve a string of successes in life the way we dreamt it to happen.  So, for that doubting Lothario to ask us WHAT for should we build and reinforce our RESILIENCE, it is plainly obvious.  RESILIENCE will carry us on in our journey, even after hitting one failure after another.  Without that RESILIENCE, someone failing might just wave the white flag right on the spot.  BUT that's adding insult to injury, right dude???
Our takeaway:  Please DON'T get us wrong.  If you happen to have built your arsenal of STRENGTHs convincingly, by all means, if you want to take on the whole world and the entire universe, go for it dude, you have earned your spurs.  BUT if your record as we speak now seems to be 'spotty' at best, then, please take stock of things, be realistic, hoping that you will commit to only eat WHAT you can chew.  WHAT IF you did build that arsenal of STRENGTHs BUT NOT solid enough to withstand the challenges ahead?  Then, it behooves to revalidate and revisit those STRENGTHs because likely, that needs more of a REBUILD and even a REWORK because our bottomline is to BUILD THE STRENGTH THAT WILL LAST💥💥💥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Build The Strength That Will Last

  Everyone wants to TICK ALL THE BOXES , right?  Absolutely we all want it.  We want all the STRENGTHs to plug-in whatever chinks and holes ...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date