Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Be Soft OR Be Stubborn In Life?

Be Soft OR Be Stubborn In Life?

Be Soft OR Be Stubborn In Life? No sirrrrs, NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL.  There is no YES or NO to this question.  We can be either SOFT or STUBBORN depending on WHAT is warranted, reasonable and just.  And the boundary that separates this HUGE DIVIDE is a very thin thread which sometimes sways and wavers to either side💴💷💵

Even the horse has its moments and reasons when to be SOFT or STUBBORN.  In the Third World, especially in Hispanic countries, it is normal to see a subservient horse pulling the rickshaw, all for the daily earnings of the rickshaw driver.  BUT there are times when even your most subservient horse can be that stubborn.  Figure it out before letting the horse bear the brunt of your harsh treatment📗📙📘

If you swing things to me, with alacrity, I'll swear that I'm as soft as the marshmallow when it is warranted BUT when shove turns to push, I can be as hardened as the stones and the concrete walls.  And many times, where principles might get compromised, I'll stand pat on what I firmly believe and looping arguments WON'T deter me till I gain headway✅✅✅

Either way though has its downsides.  Often, being SOFT is tagged as a 'bad thing' because it implies weakness, BUT people love SOFT things.  Beds, clothing, blankets, stuffed toys. We just DON'T crave for sharp edges.  What we crave is comfort.  BUT as humans, we're expected to be HARD.  To be TOUGH.  To develop a thicker skin and learn NOT to cry when life hurts.  And life does, inevitably, hurt❎❎❎

The world will sharpen our edges.  It's certainly sharpened mine.  It used to be I was a people-pleaser, NO THANKS to my culture who, generally, hates confrontation and I watched that quality taken advantage of time and time again.  My lack of boundaries was [wrongly] seen as SOFTNESS so I got tougher.  I turned them into sharp edges.  I learned a bit back.  Our takeaway today?  Consider giving the BENEFIT OF DOUBT because that gives both parties the mutual upsides as to when to be SOFT or be HARD and STUBBORN❗❗❗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date