Be Soft OR Be Stubborn In Life?
Be Soft OR Be Stubborn In Life? No sirrrrs, NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. There is no YES or NO to this question. We can be either SOFT or STUBBORN depending on WHAT is warranted, reasonable and just. And the boundary that separates this HUGE DIVIDE is a very thin thread which sometimes sways and wavers to either side💴💷💵Even the horse has its moments and reasons when to be SOFT or STUBBORN. In the Third World, especially in Hispanic countries, it is normal to see a subservient horse pulling the rickshaw, all for the daily earnings of the rickshaw driver. BUT there are times when even your most subservient horse can be that stubborn. Figure it out before letting the horse bear the brunt of your harsh treatment📗📙📘If you swing things to me, with alacrity, I'll swear that I'm as soft as the marshmallow when it is warranted BUT when shove turns to push, I can be as hardened as the stones and the concrete walls. And many times, where principles might get compromised, I'll stand pat on what I firmly believe and looping arguments WON'T deter me till I gain headway✅✅✅Either way though has its downsides. Often, being SOFT is tagged as a 'bad thing' because it implies weakness, BUT people love SOFT things. Beds, clothing, blankets, stuffed toys. We just DON'T crave for sharp edges. What we crave is comfort. BUT as humans, we're expected to be HARD. To be TOUGH. To develop a thicker skin and learn NOT to cry when life hurts. And life does, inevitably, hurt❎❎❎The world will sharpen our edges. It's certainly sharpened mine. It used to be I was a people-pleaser, NO THANKS to my culture who, generally, hates confrontation and I watched that quality taken advantage of time and time again. My lack of boundaries was [wrongly] seen as SOFTNESS so I got tougher. I turned them into sharp edges. I learned a bit back. Our takeaway today? Consider giving the BENEFIT OF DOUBT because that gives both parties the mutual upsides as to when to be SOFT or be HARD and STUBBORN❗❗❗No one size fits all. That explains why we're here, to share my 2-cents where it's worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Straight from my thought processes...
Do We Settle With MORE SMOKE Than FIRE?
DO WE SETTLE WITH MORE SMOKE THAN FIRE? Obviously, NO ONE wants FIRE BUT here's the BUT. DO WE SETTLE WITH [just] MORE SMOKE ? WHA...
Sharing the most popular posts till to date
-
Worries anyone? Of course we do WORRY as and WHEN. BUT experts tell us that WORRYING is a woeful misuse of the imagination. YES it migh...
-
HOW many times have we heard someone blurt, LIKE 'GO OUT AND GET OUT BECAUSE REALITY IS OUT THERE !!! Seriously ??? I just DON'T...
-
Talking about GRATITUDE? ISN'T this a boring thread? Me thinks, it will be that boring if we cover this everyday BUT if we're sc...
-
WHO wants an EASY LIFE ? Me Me Me! Of course, WHO won't want it, right? BUT please DON'T get me wrong. I'm all for doing ...
-
DO YOU HAVE THE CHOPS FOR THE RAT RACE ? As most of our battles in life takes place on those battlefields within our minds, our life has b...
-
QUOTE If 'Plan A' Doesn't Work, There Are 25 More Letters To Go UNQUOTE [straight from the poster I pasted herein]. WHILE I a...
-
Cooler, Closer and Cleaner. Which one is YOU ? Knock-knock who's there ? COOLER, CLOSER or CLEANER ? Taking a leaf from the book of ...
-
Does KNOWING WHAT WE DON'T WANT really makes sense? YES we normally know that we want something in our life to be different even if t...
-
LIFE RISKS , indeed this is kind of boring stuff to talk about. BUT again, LIFE is about RISK . Everyday is a RISK. BUT to live a life ...
-
Everyone has his overflowing and sometimes endless WANTS , right? And that desire is nothing to snide because everyone has his rights, rig...






No comments:
Post a Comment