Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 20, 2023

'FLASH IN A PAN', Anyone?

'FLASH IN A PAN', Anyone?

More for alignment, let's agree what 'FLASH IN A PAN' is.  Some believe that 'FLASH IN A PAN' did originate during the Gold Era when miners would pan for gold.  And many failing time and again all in hopes for that one-off, 'FLASH IN A PAN'.  In the film industry, it would refer to films that were either a success or marginally successful.  Either way, no one expects that film to hit the 'BOX OFFICE' level of expectationsπŸ“ŒπŸ“ŒπŸ“Œ

Regardless of how the expression 'FLASH IN A PAN' came about, the underlying meanings symbolize similar transitions in which SUCCESS was sought and FAILURE occurred.  In real life, you can ask me if I've been a 'FLASH IN A PAN' [even once].  I'm sorry to disappoint anyone expecting me to give an affirmative reply because frankly, I've never been a 'FLASH IN A PAN' because to me, living life like a 'FLASH IN A PAN' borders on the absurd.  I would rather fail than pursue my life like a 'FLASH IN A PAN' πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž

So let's rattle off some behaviors and manifestations that are akin to 'FLASH IN A PAN'.  WHEN you extend a helping hand without being sincere.  WHEN you work for the sake of impressing your boss or your client.  WHEN you profess your love to a girl you're wooing EVEN IF you DON'T mean it.  WHEN you pursue your commercial/business initiatives, seemingly to enamor and lure your customers but with NO deep-seated customer-centricity.  Those are NO LESS akin to a 'FLASH IN A PAN' πŸ“˜πŸ“™πŸ“—

Even during those years when I was active in the job market out there, I readied up myself for grueling interviews but I can assure you that those efforts were NEVER'FLASH IN A PAN'.  In truth, if your specific performance or delivery is a 'FLASH IN A PAN', it becomes unlikely you can replicate it given a REPEAT of the situation❗❗❗

Even greeting your next-door neighbor come next morning should and need NOT be a 'FLASH IN A PAN'.  When we go on to live our life, what really matters is the aspects of genuineness and sincerity.  Take away those criteria, you're akin to a dead fish in a waterless aquarium.  With me now facing the mirror, I can claim with a clean slate that the first reason I'm still very much relevant is because in any endeavor I pursued, I ensured that every single effort was exerted with genuine sincerity.  Not to frighten the 'chameleon-like' creatures, 'FLASH IN A PAN' will NOT PAN out [no pun intended]✅✅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date