Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 11, 2023

Why Not Go From UNDERDOG to TOP DOG?

Why Not Go From UNDERDOG to TOP DOG?

Oh oooops, before I get caught cornered, allow me to clarify that there is NOTHING wrong to be an UNDERDOG. I myself, for so long, I was an UNDERDOG a zillion times and I credit all those times I was an UNDERDOG because that led me to ask myself this challenge question:  Why Not Go From UNDERDOG to TOP DOG❓❓❓

Much as we all dream to be a TOP DOG, perhaps the greatest threat to an UNDERDOG is to become a TOP DOG.  The story of revolting against a tyrant no longer fits.  This narrative shift will always be a challenge for us.  But being the UNDERDOG imbues our daily work with meaning.  A business without an external threat has nothing to push against.  From a personal perspective, even as we speak now, I strongly believe that my days of being an UNDERDOG served me well because I would NOT have gone this far unless I really earned my spurs as an UNDERDOG through and through✅✅✅


Not to discourage one from going from an UNDERDOG to a TOP DOG, they are often the victims of their own complacency [and sometimes arrogance].  They seem cannot remember a time WHEN they weren't on TOP.  They cannot seem to imagine a future WHERE they're second or third.  Somehow, being a TOP DOG is inextricably linked to one's identityπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž

But NOT to badmouth TOP DOGs, their grave mistake is to look down on the UNDERDOG.  Sadly, there are stories, albeit outlier, wherein TOPDOGS suddenly collapsed back to become UNDERDOGS.  But those outlier stories will be reserved for another day because our thread for today is to enlighten many others who still tag themselves as UNDERDOGS as we speak now.  To reset expectations, the road to travel from being an UNDERDOG to become a TOP DOG is a long, arduous road to trek, with 'land mines' all over the place⏳⏳⏳

The best part of that long journey from being an UNDERDOG to a TOPDOG are the experiences that will reinforce and fix up those chinks in your 'armor', those moments where you fell flat on your face and had to struggle picking up the pieces. After you're able to wiggle out your way towards your goals to leave behind your UNDERDOG days behind you, there won't be a tinge of regret because you WON'T have gone that far without being an UNDERDOG πŸ“ŒπŸ“ŒπŸ“Œ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date