Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Spirit & Intent of a Law

The Spirit & Intent of a Law

This is NOT an advertorial of Singapore, the country where I resided for nine years and who I did embrace when i swore to take my allegiance to Singapore when I acquired the Singaporean citizenship. But instead, I want to trumphet Singapore's justice system because it gets accurately reflected in The Spirit & Intent of its laws.

What egged me to have Singapore's justice system as our talking point today was this news dispatch today October 26, 2022 from Channelnews Asia [please click for reference @ https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/man-charged-failing-give-pet-cat-enough-food-and-water-resulting-its-death-3026256.  Heart warming and heartbreaking indeed when I saw the news dispatch 'MAN CHARGED FOR FAILING TO GIVE PET CAT ENOUGH FOOD AND WATER RESULTING IN ITS DEATH'.

Really spell-binding.  I realized that there is so much injustice in the Middle East and even in Ukraine and the Crimea and yet, here we are, witnessing Singapore's brand of justice which I am DREAMING [because I'm sure it will remain a PIPE DREAM] to be replicated across because of the very fair justice that is consistently imposed across, regardless of race [especially in a multi-cultural country like Singapore].  I just really envy Singapore Justice
But clearly, this is NO news to me because I bear witness with the Singapore brand of justice during my nine years residing in the city-state.  What is a cause of surprise for me is that, looking around the global villages, very few countries, if at all, have been able to replicate even a shadow of the Singapore brand of justice.  Not to water-down the justice systems in the U.S., North America and across EU and Australasia regions, it so happens that Singapore's Spirit & Intent of its Law is the one romping off as the 'runaway' model of justice system we hope gets replicated or modeled across.  MAJULAH SINGAPURA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date