Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 22, 2024

LATEST Damn Scam Scares

LATEST Damn Scam Scares

Courtesy of T-Mobile, I grabbed this infographics to magnify the fact that scammers are NOT stale or STATUS QUO players.  They tweak and tune their SCAM tactics well attuned to the seasonal calendar as it progresses.  And NOT to scare you all, early this morning, I was reading the Channelnewsasia piece about this super-scary sophisticated PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE techniques deployed and executed to a 'T' by these faceless virtual SCAMMERS.  Indeed, sharing these LATEST Damn Scam Scares๐Ÿ“—๐Ÿ“™๐Ÿ“˜

And while there is an unwritten rule NOT TO ACCEPT INCOMING calls from numbers not in your phone book, I beg to defer and disagree with that because, from my personal experience, I'd say roughly 2 to 3% of incoming calls [that means 2 to 3 out of 100 incoming calls] are indeed legitimate calls [although those numbers are/were NOT in my phone book].  Two days ago, I accepted an incoming call from an unknown number and the caller's accent sounded foreign to me [like an Indian lady]!@#$%?

At this point, you might get fidgety and ask me, SO WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?  Yeah, I did receive the call and indeed I was talking to a human [and not Chatbot AI] and straight up, she asked if I was interested for a 'side hustle' earning $$$$$$$.  My reaction?  Please send me your proposal via email.  And she insisted that she will send it via Viber.  VIBER indeed?  Think about it, why NOT via email❓❓❓

Good question.  WHY VIBERWHY not email?  Straight and simple answer.  Those probabilities of baiting you via viber instead via email is because it increases the risk of compromising the device you're using that time.  WHAT happened next? Nothing happened.  WHY?  Because that probable scammer knew it, NO WAY she can bait me via email channels❎❎❎

Back to the Channelnewsasia scam alert.  Scammers will use 'sophisticated PSYCHOLOGICAL techniques to exploit our deepest HUMAN VULNERABILITIES and bypass rational thought to tap into our own emotional responses'.  Trick samplings?  RANDOM CALLS.  CREATE SENSE of URGENCY, like bank account-related transaction, credit card about to be breached, a juicy offer about to expire, a final call for an overdue tax payable from the TAX MAN or even by building rapport with a casual talk.  Dude, be warned, scammers are more innovative than you think❗❗❗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date