Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hands Down Let's Go For ATTITUDE

Hands Down Let's Go For ATTITUDE

ATTITUDE or APTITUDE?  Oh, in the old schools [where I was very much a part of], I constantly admired our school's 'cream of the crop', the consistent first and second placers of our batch year-in year-out.  But when we moved up to High School, I slowly realized that not even our perennial first and second placers in our class could romp away with all the awards to be coveted and grabbed. 

Slowly, I gradually realized that the weight on the scale was tilting towards ATTITUDE.  And I'd credit my high school advisers and english/literature teachers because after languishing behind the shadows of our perennial class topnotichers.  Late in the day, I heaved a sigh of deep relief as gradually I was being MY OWN MAN

As a hiring manager till to date, I reckon I have interviewed quite hundreds of job applicants and I have to admit, throughout the hiring process, not once did I become partial towards APTITUDE.  It is a PLUS and it may move the needle only if there is sheer deadlock between applicants.  

Zig Ziglar, the noted American author and motivational speaker, minced no words in this poster: "YOUR ATTITUDE, NOT YOUR APTITUDE, WILL DETERMINE YOUR ALTITUDE".  In the shortest words, he meant to impart the message that as we all gear up to takeoff from our respective runways in life, we will go for as high the altitude we can stabilize our flight.  Too bad, each of us would end up with our respective altitudes.    

Today, as I look back the roads I did travel, I'd say what brought me forward and what pushed me to get nearer my goals was never my APTITUDE but rather it was the unbending ATTITUDE. Word of caution, however.  Not just any kind of ATTITUDE can be your catalyst.  It has to be the all-around positivity that will envelope you, every step of your way.  If there is EVERYTHING IN LIFE, IT IS ATTITUDE❗❗❗
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date