Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2022

Don't Close the Barn Door After the Horses Left

Don't Close the Barn Door After the Horses Left

I guess it's just human nature, that instinct, when we lose or missed out on something, the tendency is to 'shut off' our blinders Whether you failed in a job interview OR you failed to hurdle defending your thesis as part of your university graduation OR your partner/spouse walked out of the door OR your creditors for your anemic business are abandoning you  Whatever situation you are now locked in, just Don't Close the Barn Door After the Horses Left because for multifarious reasons, that is NOT the next logical action you need to take.

If there's a four-letter word we need to dump now as in now, it is the word QUIT because to QUIT means the end of things.  This akin to being dead even before you die.  For the self-doubters, allow us to convince you why you should NOT QUIT.  Where you are now, that is meant to happen.  And so is the fact that you're still alive and kicking.  And who wants to regret for giving up ?

What can keep you going ? Oh yeah, you can have your support structure, your helpline but they can only do so much.  At the end of the day, it's only YOU who can make or break things.  Your loved ones can put up the pressure on you but no one will be better and effective than YOU yourself in cracking the whip, in letting you grind and grind till you hit a concrete wall that's insurmountable
Even when things have seemingly dried up, look up because the fruit-bearing tree will still bear that fruit.  But what's the trade-off ?  Tons and tons of patience, perseverance and persistence.  In three curt words, NEVER GIVE UP.  On a personal note, I can share how did it when I was at my lowest point [at that time when I was not yet an immigrant in that country where eventually I acquired my citizenship naturalization.  Rather than risk the ongoing process of my immigrant papers, when the immigration bureau stamped my visa to expire in two weeks, I made sure I'll fly out [airborne and not via land travel] a day before my visa expires.  Why did I have to fly off and fly back come next day ?  It's simply to comply with immigration re-entry policies.
Did I hit the payoff ?  Yesirrrrs, I eventually secured my naturalized citizenship after all the hardships which really pushed me against the wall.  And at the cost of forking several hundred USD for each round trip airfare ticket [to two other nearby countries where I travelled alternately solely for the sole purpose of 'resetting' passport's re-entry stamps so that I can get stamped for a fresh 30 days].  Just many ways to skin a cat✅✅✅

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight from my thought processes...

Going Against The Odds

Going Against The Odds I believe this is a GIVEN .  Before you make a choice, you usually evaluate the odds.  As any rational thinking perso...

Sharing the most popular posts till to date